Plusnet got in touch with us to see if we would be interested in joining the Half Term Hygge which we agreed.. obviously!
Did you know that ‘hygge’ is all about getting together and being cosy and content in Danish – pronounced “H-O-O-G-A” (yep it is completely new to me too!)
They sent us a lovely little activity box which contained:
- some mini marshmallows
- a slab of chocolate to make a proper hot chocolate (with myself and Mylo being dairy free we just made a normal hot chocolate using soya milk)
- bunting for our fort
- some fairy lights to attach to our fort once it was built
- quite a big bag of make your own popcorn
- some batteries! (for the fairy lights! They thought of everything!)
- a recipe card to make Danish Butter Biscuits (see my amended dairy free recipe in this post)
- ideas on how to build a fort.. we are pro at this so we didn’t need it 😉
- a movie night poster
Dairy Free – Danish Butter Biscuits Recipe
- 375g Vitalite Spread
- 250g Caster Sugar1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 500g Plain Flour
- Turn oven on to 200 degrees
- Mix the vitalite and caster sugar together until it is soft and creamy
- Add the egg and vanilla essence, mix those in and then in goes the flour
- Line a tray with grease proof paper and dollop the mixture on there in biscuit shapes (we decided to just slap them on the tray and made them really big!)
- Leave them for around 15 minutes until they are golden and then let them cool
- When cooled add the sprinkles (or whatever decoration you choose!) We decided to go natural with them
- Now get yourself a brew and put your feet up!
So this is the card of ideas that plusnet sent us – but come on.. these are rookie forts! We have to go all in or not at all!
I am not going to lie, we went to town on this fort! The boys absolutely loved doing it and loved sitting in it even more with their popcorn and dairy free butter biscuits!
I won’t lie.. Mylo did try to whip it down a few times with Leo shouting “No Mylo! No!” which was just so funny to listen to but it was definitely annoying when we were trying so hard and Mylo thinking it was hilarious to keep starting again!
It is a good fort though isn’t it?! Be honest!
We went for Zootopia because both the boys love that film and Leo wanted to watch it again!
We enjoyed our #halftermhygge and it got us all doing something together and kept us all busy for a long time!
If you want to have a go yourself then check out Plusnets Half Term Hyggeover on their website.
Thank you so much to Plusnet for sending us our activity box and getting us involved in the Hygge!
<meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”VhFjUJwDT8yS1KShdZyJP3VBWct-8aG730rgNZG6ZOg” />
Here are some previous comments: