Collaboroo are a website of teaching professionals and from looking at their website I can tell that the community is thriving and growing. Collaboroo describes their website as a place to connect, collaborate and create. You can easily tell that from the site that they want to make education enjoyable, accessible and enjoyable for every child. In this Collaboroo website review we will look at the community guidelines, the community overall and where you can find Collaboroo online!
The website enables teaching professionals to share ideas, advice and tips on a whole range of different subjects; there are a lot of activity ideas which are posted by members for members, but that isn’t all. There are groups within the website that support specific areas of learning including SEND support and forest school! The best part? It is completely free for you to join!
Collaboroo don’t just see teaching as a profession, they see it as a global movement of people who want the best future for every child; I think that this a great way to look at the profession because we don’t go into teaching for the money, we genuinely love what we do and that is why we do it. Collaboroo have made a website that brings people together who share the same passion; they have a whole team at their HQ ranging from engagement ambassador to the curriculum resource whizz.
Collaboroo have some basic principles on their website that everyone in the community has to abide by (which is only right if they want to keep a happy and responsive community); these are:
- Always learning
- Fresh thinking
And of course, there isn’t a proper community without a few rules to help it run smoothly (these are the main ones that I thought were most important):
- not disclosing names/locations of children or post any photos of them within the community
- not to post personal details publicly with include your full name, place of work, address, email or telephone number
- flag any inappropriate content to moderators
- Don’t post any content that is not your own as it breaks the law
- Not to write or post anything that is abusive, violent, sexual, hateful, racist or derogatory
- No posting of SPAM, advertising etc