Painting without paint brushes is easier than you think. You can literally paint with anything! We thought this one would be a good blog and vlog to do as I know a lot of parents like to see ideas and then follow on from it.
Things you can paint with instead:
- Material from literally anything
- Nature – flowers, grass, leaves etc
- Bottles, bottle caps etc
- Toilet roll tubes
- Hands, fingers and feet
- Rubbish – yes, rubbish. Wrappers, cans, bottles, yoghurt pots etc
The list is endless!
In our painting without paint brushes activity we used pegs to clip on different materials.
- Pasta shells
- Different coloured crepe papers
- Wooden shapes – heart, triangles and butterflies
- Pipe cleaner
- Bubble wrap
- Fruit netting
- Cupcake case
- Wire scourer
- Loom bands
- Lollipop sticks
The list is actually endless, this is just what I found in the house!
The boys loved this activity so much, there was so much for them to explore!
Here are some photos of our activity:
Things to learn from this painting without paint brushes activity:
- Sensory development – all the different textures to explore
- Language and communication – talking through how the different materials feel to use
- Understanding the world – learning about everything that they are using and asking questions
- Creative development – this activity really lets them show off their creative side by using materials in new ways that they wouldn’t have thought of using to paint with
You can watch our vlog of the activity too!
We hope that you liked the activity and that you give it a go at home!
You can read more about the benefits of messy play here.
Here are some more ideas for you to try:
- Painting rocks with children – creative activity
- How to make sensory bottles
- Dry foods tuff spot tray idea